play the game of life you want to play...
Inspiring Ventures is a company run by location independent, home-educating mother and serial entrepreneur, Lea Woodward. As a multi-passionate entrepreneur (read: Can’t stick to running just one thing!), Inspiring Ventures is the home of Lea’s solo and joint ventures.
Our goal is to help people change the game they’re playing and build their own inspiring ventures that empower them to create the life they want to live.
We do this via different ventures and projects, including:
- Inspiring Ventures – our online offerings here to help you create your own inspiring ventures.
- Location Independent – need some inspiration for living your own unconventional lifestyle? This is where it all started for us.
- Better Business Boundaries – a joint project to help small business owners better set and maintain their boundaries and help prevent tricky issues from arising in the first place.
Like everyone, we’re mostly making it up as we go along but after 10+ years in business, we’ve learned a thing or two about what it takes to succeed (sporadically) and fail (mostly).
We believe core values matter HUGELY; they drive almost all our decisions, both conscious and unconscious, and they function as a guiding compass, in business and in life.
The core values driving Inspiring Ventures are:
- Freedom ~ to choose what’s right for you.
- Integrity ~ being true to yourself, no matter what or how hard that is.
- Empowerment ~ giving – rather than taking – control.
- Responsibility – owning your successes and failures.
In previous incarnations, I’ve been a management consultant for the world’s largest consulting company and a holistic health coach – and still use the experience and knowledge I gained from both roles in my work today.
My 10+ year journey through entrepreneurship has never been solely about business, it’s been an all-encompassing life experience too. I live my life the way I want to live it and I do business the way I want to do it, no matter how odd or ‘wrong’ that might seem to others.
Who I Work Best With
I work with business owners who are looking to master the roles they play in business and in life; who are seeking to carve out their path in a way that is wholly true to who they are. I work with game-changers. People who are willing to step up and change the game – for themselves and for others.
- You’re on a mission to make a positive difference with a business and life that matter.
- Your goal is to build bridges that make the inaccessible more accessible to those ready to pay attention.
- You’re ready to let go of and release the beliefs, behaviours and tools that no longer serve you.
- You’re ready to invest in the mindset, strategies, behaviours and support that will help you get there.
- You aren’t seeking the limelight because you know this is about more than just you.
- You want to live your best life in your own way and be enormously successful on your own terms.
I will help you explore and find your own answers to the following questions:
- If no-one was watching you, and no-one was judging you, how would you live your life and run your business?
- If you were able to step up and play the roles you need to in your business and life, how do you need to be and what do you need to do?
- If you build a business and a life around being wholly true to yourself, what would that look like?
It is my goal to help you find the right approach for YOU – to reassess your current approach and find a better one – so that you can have the impact you want without having to compromise.
When You Work With Me, You’ll Get:
- The macro and the micro – focusing on both the long range vision and the day-to-day details.
- A truly holistic approach – business and life are intertwined; one should support the other and I’ll help you make sure you get the balance right.
- A relentless focus on values – because they determine everything.
- Encouragement to pull, not push – to help things flow with greater ease.
- Uncompromising integrity – because you can’t give what you don’t have. That includes me and you.
What makes me different?
When you choose to work with me you’ll benefit from a solid combination of past real world experience (I’ve not just read the recommended business books), a depth and breadth of skills (strategy, technology, marketing, and more), and a healthy dose of intuitive wisdom…
- Much of my advice is based upon experience of setting up, running and growing multiple successful (and failed) ventures of my own, in completely different fields, alongside having two kids and a healthy dose of ‘balance’.
- I have real world, hands-on experience of improving other businesses, as a former management consultant for the world’s largest consulting firm.
- I relentlessly experiment, explore and push the boundaries with my own business, and continue to launch new projects which fit with my overall strategic plans (and some that don’t!).
- I plan and do. I don’t just talk about what I’m going to do, I actually do it. And share my learnings with others throughout.
- I have a few signature approaches. But my work is most definitely NOT one-size-fits-all; in fact it’s based upon helping you put your core values at the heart of everything you do, and creating structures to enable you to be wholly true to yourself.
During my time as an entrepreneur and business owner, I’ve:
- Written, self-published and sold my own 60k-word book, back in 2007 before everyone was doing it.
- Published and sold numerous other eBooks, eGuides and digital zines.
- Written, built and sold a wide range of digital programmes.
- Set up and grown a number of online communities (free and paid).
- Organised and hosted large and small events, workshops & classes, both online and off.
- Coached, mentored and consulted for hundreds of business owners online.
- Run a health & fitness coaching business, a web design & development business, been a professional blogger (i.e. I was paid to blog), a freelance writer, a technology consultant, a teacher and an online business consultant.
- Been kicked out of the largest personal development group on Facebook for being too helpful!?!!
- I’m Filipina, was born in HK and adopted by English parents from birth.
- I actually loved working in the rat race – it was the office politics and ridiculous company policies that wore me down & I quit the very first day back in the office after a 6 month sabbatical. I think that’s still a company record.
- I LOVE food – and I most definitely live to eat. I eat almost 100% organic, though I am partial to the odd juicy burger and fries.
- I married my teenage sweetheart but after 22 happy years together, we separated amicably in 2016 and I’m now in a same-sex relationship with one of my best friends.
- I’m left-brained, spiritual, creative and intuitive – ridiculously logical, highly creative but not in the artistic sense (I can’t draw to save my life), very intuitive and spiritual.
- If you’re into Myers Briggs, I’m an INFJ. If you’re into the Fascinate system, I’m the Victor. If you’re into Human Design, I’m a Manifestor.
- I’m 5 feet and 1.5 inches – the 0.5 is very important. If you’re also this
shortpetite, you’ll know.
- I have a very British accent but also speak a bit of German, French, Spanish and Italian.
- I was once listed in Forbes magazine’s Thirty Women Entrepreneurs To Follow on Twitter.
- My projects have been featured in national and international press. You can see all our media mentions here.